Topo Chico, since 1895, is extracted from the source at the foot of the Cerro del Topo Chico. It differs from other waters by both its content of salts and minerals, as its characteristic carbonation.
A replica of the well told in legend, is located inside the premises of the Topo Chico Company, from which thermal mineral water flows from the same sources of the Cerro del Topo Chico.
Water from the underground rivers that feed the source is drawn by pumps. Extracted water is then purified by various physical processes, such as a filter system of stone and gravel and ultraviolet lamps, which ensures maximum purity without any loss of its natural properties.
The water is completely purified without any loss of natural minerals. Next it gets carbonated, which produces the famous Topo Chico bubbles. Lastly, the water is bottled and prepared for distribution.
Thanks to modern production processes, we are able to produce up to 800 bottles per minute.
Among the minerals of Topo Chico Mineral Water there is:
- Sodium: Which avoids dehydration and promotes good bowel function.
- Magnesium: Which helps in digestion and is involved in brain function of the spine. It is also calming which helps sleep.
- Calcium: Which strengthens bones, works as an astringent and an antacid, regulates heart rate and is important in the transmission of nerve impulses.
- Potassium: Which is involved in the polarization and depolarization of cells. It also, helps in the proper functioning of the heart, nervous system, muscles, kidneys and digestion.
- Manganese: It stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, which give flexibility, firmness and hydration to the skin. It is an antioxidant, necessary to metabolize proteins and fats. And also helps in brain functions.